Wednesday, September 01, 2010

First Day of School

Happy Birthday Dad! Hope you had a great day!

Today is also the first day of the second semester of school. All across Japan, students are going back to school. It's the start of my contract as an ALT (Assistant Language Teacher) and marks the beginning of my sixth year in Japan.

Since I haven't been very good about posting blogs, I thought I would shift this to more of a photo blog. Below are some pictures of my first day back at Masui Junior High School. I've been going to this school since I arrived in Japan.
Opening ceremony in the gym. The students line-up before it starts. At the beginning and end of each semester there is an opening and closing ceremony.
The principal, Mr. Yoshida, gave awards to the students.
I went to lunch with one of the English teachers, Ms. Iwai. We went to a homemade soba (buckwheat noodle) restaurant. I had the cold buckwheat noodle soup with shrimp tempura, grated radish, seaweed and sprouts. Perfect for a very, very, very hot day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh my god that looks soooooo tasty!!!! :o)